HOLY MONDAY

Reading: Mark 12:41-44

Focus: Mark 14:44

They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything-all she had to live on.

Reflection: As we enter Holy week we reflect on the last week of Jesus’ ministry. We remember all the time, energy and words that he poured out on others leading up to Good Friday. On this day He gave the ultimate gift of His life. Everything he could have, He gave us.

Because Jesus was divine and His life was worth so much, this sacrifice seems so costly. During His time here on earth His mission was to make people feel their worth, feel worthy of God’s love, through what He was going to do.

When the widow gave everything she had, Jesus said “she has put more into the treasury than all the others”. She was not made worthy by the amount she gave, but by her faith that she knew she would be taken care of when she brought everything to Christ.

Let us bring our everything to Christ this week. Let us approach the cross in a worthy manner knowing that because Jesus gave His everything, we are redeemed.

Prayer: My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, your Word is the light of my life, my path, and my hope. Renew my faith as I follow you today. Thank you for drawing closer to me in my moments of disbelief and providing lessons when I deserve nothing but rebuke. I marvel at the works of your hands and the power of your breath. Breathe new life into my spirit today, O Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PASSION SUNDAY

FROM SUNDAY TO SUNDAY